Interested in joining a friendly team, receiving great benefits, whilst gaining a professional qualification, then look no further…
At Hillier Hopkins we believe in ‘friendly expertise’. It’s an approach that has worked for our clients since 1933. With three offices in London, Milton Keynes and Watford, the Hillier Hopkins Group has 15 Principals and over 160 staff.
Our focus is on providing personalised, friendly expert advice to owner managed businesses and high net worth individuals. In addition to the day to day accountancy and tax compliance services, we have expertise in areas such as helping businesses grow, tax planning, advising on acquisitions/sales and succession and exit planning.
To assist our Watford based team in helping to grow the firm, the duties you will train in and carry out are:
- Helping with administration, processing payments and filing reminders.
- Assisting with the preparation of tax returns.
- Filing returns online.
- Working towards obtaining the qualification AAT through college day release.
- Supporting the Principals and other senior staff with advising clients as needed.
Ideally you will have the following skills:
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics at Grade C (4) or above.
- Ideally educated to BTEC or A’ Level standard.
- IT competent with a basic knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and be flexible.
- Friendly with good communication skills and polite telephone manner.
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Benefits and Employment Details
- Full time role – Monday to Friday.
- Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
- Benefits you will be entitled to are:
- Annual Leave – 23 days per annum (pro-rata), 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.
- Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week’s salary.
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
- Private Medical Insurance following completion of 3 months’ service (this is a taxable benefit).
- Death In Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non contributory) following completion of 3 months’ service.