As part of the CogitalGroup, we are one of the UKs fastest growing accountancy and business advisory firms. The group comprises of three brands, Campbell Dallas in Scotland, Wilkins Kennedy in London and the South East and Baldwins across the rest of England & Wales.
Reporting to managers and partners, you will work in the Tax team. You will assist in the completion of tax compliance tasks, including annual tax returns and associated administration. You will be provided with the appropriate training to obtain the relevant professional experience and become a qualified tax professional.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of Tax Returns and computations
- Advising clients on tax liabilities in a timely manner
- Assisting clients with their tax compliance regulations and meeting the required deadlines in respect of tax compliance (filing and payments)
- Assisting in preparing P11Ds
- Developing strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and tax authorities
- Working as part of a team
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with basic client queries and/or enquiries (internal and external clients)
- Providing general assistance to the tax team
- Admin and other ad hoc tasks as required
- To undertake and complete the ATT/CTA qualification
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Achieved A-C/9-4 grades (including Maths and English) at GCSE or equivalent
- Achieved A-C grades at A Level or equivalent
- Achieved a good degree, ideally a 2:1 or above (not necessarily in accountancy and finance!)
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Ability to balance workload with the pressures of studying for a professional qualification
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as working as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure in able to meet time deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and organised approach to work