Wilkins Kennedy is one of the UK’s leading providers of accountancy, tax and business advice to owner-managed and mid-size companies. Wilkins Kennedy joined Baldwins, one of the UK’s fastest-growing business advisory groups in 2018 and we remain ambitious in our future plans. We believe that our success comes from our talented team of co-workers, and are always keen to welcome motivated, enthusiastic people into our growing business.
As a Tax Trainee you’ll start off by learning the fundamentals, including producing tax computations, both personal and corporate, and carrying out technical tax research.
You could be a school leaver or a Graduate looking to start your career in Tax.
- To assist in the completion of self-assessment tax returns, ensuring compliance matters are dealt with accurately
- Preparing client letters
- Assisting seniors and managers with research, reports and other client deliverables for advisory projects
- Assist Tax team with the preparation of other tax deliverables such as P11Ds, employment related security returns and ATED returns
- Liaising with the wider WK team, for example, the audit team, to collect information on our clients for the tax compliance services or to determine other services we can provide to our clients
- Assisting with administrative tasks in the tax department including new client take-on procedures
- Attendance at in house meetings and external courses
- Regular reading of tax journals
- To study for appropriate tax qualification (ATT, CTA)
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- To study towards recognised tax qualification – essential
- A pro active team player