As part of the CogitalGroup, we are one of the UKs fastest growing accountancy and business advisory firms. The group comprises of three brands, Campbell Dallas in Scotland, Wilkins Kennedy in London and the South East and Baldwins across the rest of England & Wales.
Reporting to managers and partners, you will work in the Audit and/or Business Services (Accounts) teams. You will perform independent statutory financial audits and complete accounts tasks as agreed at the planning stage of accounts preparation. You will be provided with the appropriate training to obtain the relevant professional experience and become a qualified accountant.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting with and on audits both in but primarily out of the office using a computerised audit system
- Producing audit files for review
- Preparation of draft documentation
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of clients
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
- Liaison with and dealing with basic client queries
- Assists with drafting or pre audit letter and updated engagement letters for dispatch to client well in advanced of audit commitment.
- Prepare accounts for a variety of small clients including sole traders, partnerships, LLP’s and Limited companies etc.
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation, minutes to approve the accounts and all other relevant documentation to accompany accounts to client for signature.
- Arrange for tax computation to be prepared by the tax team and provides them with all the data which they have requested, along with a drafted tax comp. Subsequently posts tax journals and update the accounts file for the tax computation received.
- To download information from Companies House and to take into account the impact of changes in share capital, shareholders, directors etc when preparing limited company accounts.
- Management accounts preparation.
- To deal with clients in relation to requests for information to support accounting entries.
- To initiate return of records to clients.
- To look after associated departmental administration.
- To undertake and complete the AAT/ICAS CA qualification.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Achieved A-C/9-4 grades (including Maths and English) at GCSE or equivalent
- Achieved A-C grades at A Level or equivalent
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Ability to balance workload with the pressures of studying for a professional qualification
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as working as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure in able to meet time deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and organised approach to work