Haslers is an award winning Firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants and Business Advisers.
We are based to the East of London in Loughton in a lively centre of town location 2 minutes walk from the Central Line tube station.
We are not “out in the sticks” and Loughton has many restaurants, bars, shops, sports facilities with the benefit of being only 15 minutes from the Olympic Park and a little further by tube into the City.
What we can offer you?
You’ll enjoy a competitive salary whilst training with increases linked to performance and exam success.
You will be provided with support and mentoring to assist you with the ACA exams, as well as being able to tap into advice from Trainees who are further on in their studies. This support means that we have a good track record for students passing all their exams first time.
There are often opportunities to gain experience in other departments whilst training (Insolvency, Corporate Finance, Tax). Once ACA qualified, staff have been offered secondments and the chance to join another team in the Firm to broaden their skill set.
You will be given early responsibility and won’t just be sat behind a desk all day. You will be out at clients within your first few weeks and, along with other members of the audit team, will be the “face of Haslers”.
At Haslers we work hard but recognise that you do have a life outside of the Firm. We run team events, social activities and offer all staff a volunteering day – all of which help to switch off from work and study and enable you to interact socially with your colleagues.
- 2:2 degree in ANY subject
- A minimum of 300 UCAS points (old UCAS tariff) or 120 UCAS points (new UCAS tariff) or equivalent, from your top three A level grades (first attempts only).
- AS Levels and General Studies are not accepted
- GCSE Maths – grade B or above
- GCSE English Language – grade B preferred but will consider grade C or above
- Finance work experience preferred
- Full driving licence
It is not just about academic success though. Haslers are interested in what transferrable skills you can bring to the business. These may have been gained via work experience, volunteering, travel, extra curricular activities etc.
We work in a people focussed business so great communication skills are key so that you can liaise with, and engage with, clients on both a business and personal/social level.
You will have the drive to work hard, balance the demands of studying whilst working and be able to organise yourself to achieve the best. A flexible approach and “can do” attitude is key.
If this sounds like the opportunity you want and you are looking forward to a challenging and rewarding career then please apply.
What our students say are the benefits of working at Haslers:
Our Graduate Trainees were asked recently to offer their comments about life as an ACA student and this is what they said.
- Location is great – not having to travel on overcrowded tubes is a bonus.
- Experience & range of clients – small enough business to have 1 to 1 interaction with the clients, but large enough to gain good experience in all audit areas.
- Study support both for ACA and audit training on the job.
- Work environment, friendly young team.
- At Haslers you are not limited to one area or pigeon holed. You cover a broad spectrum of areas which is great and helps with exams.
- Excellent training support (i.e. fees paid for and always staff available to help with questions).
- Training courses can be locally as opposed to in the city.
- No commute which means I am able to get home quicker and revise, where as if you worked in the city you would spend 2 hours travelling which would impact on revision time.
- Great team: Working with everyone on the team has meant the opportunity for me to learn immense amounts. Everyone is always ready to give you constructive criticism, expose you to new things and make you feel comfortable in all situations. This can sometimes mean the learning curve is steeper than other firms, but it also means you get more experience in a shorter time frame and can assist in adding greater value to the firm.
- Clients: We have a vast client base which means exposure is fantastic as each client is different. It also means we have the opportunity to learn about different businesses and build a rapport with different people. Despite being a junior, there is a still a lot of communication with the client on a 1 to 1 basis both on audit and accounts jobs – this is less likely at larger firms and also makes me feel valued as a team member to be trusted to represent Haslers on client site.
- Partners: The partners are extremely helpful and easy to approach. This was something I didn’t expect at work and is a huge positive for Haslers. I know everyone is busy, but the tone is really set by the partners to never be too busy to help someone. I enjoy being able to speak to them and learn from their experiences.
- The combination of a healthy productive work environment and social interaction with approachable staff. Haslers open-door policy enables you to interact with staff of all levels on both a professional and social level.
- The firm’s frequent social events also pose a fantastic opportunity to unwind and get to know your colleagues.
- Another aspect that is great about working for Haslers is the development of responsibility, the exposure to more challenging roles and the ever-growing contact with clients.
- Haslers has a vast client-base which makes every day very different and extremely interesting.
- Great opportunities to work with different types of clients and work and I was exposed to this immediately.
- Very friendly and supportive environment – everyone is willing to help me learn.