ATT ROLE WITH LEWIS GOLDEN
£25,715 for a 37.5 hour working week, which would be reviewed six monthly, and we would expect at 2.5 year review to reach the level of our new ACA CTA students and drop down to a 35 hr working week, being currently £31,000 assuming the ATT has been successfully completed.
Lewis Golden LLP is a thriving nine partner independent firm of Chartered Accountants and tax advisers. The firm was founded over 70 years ago and has always been based in Queen Anne Street, Marylebone.
We are seeking an ambitious tax trainee for our business tax team. This is a training position leading to membership of the Association of Tax Technicians.
The firm has a traditional service ethos with high quality advice being delivered by the partners and directors, who are supported by a stable team of approximately sixty experienced and motivated professionals, working across the disciplines of accounting and assurance, taxation, company secretarial services and general commercial and business advice.
Our business tax team has a portfolio of approximately 600 entities with a UK tax presence, based mainly in London and south east England. Our entrepreneurial clients are engaged in many sectors, such as technology, retail, consumer products and leisure. In addition, we act for a number of very substantial real estate businesses.
Although viewed as a medium-sized practice, our broader experience and expertise in delivering the kind of compliance and consultancy services demanded by our clients makes us comparable, in delivery terms, with many much larger practices. Our ‘large enough to perform, small enough to care’ approach means we work closely with our clients to support and guide them. We pride ourselves in providing a high quality, pro-active and effective service.
We are seeking an individual who will not just become a member of the business tax team but who will, in time, strengthen it. The role will give the successful candidate a thorough insight into the tax and accountancy profession, as well as improving their business acumen. We are particularly interested to hear from graduates who are interested in a career in this profession. No previous tax knowledge is required.
Duties would include, for example:
- Assisting the business tax team in all tax administrative, technical and compliance based tasks.
- Supporting the team on advisory and consultancy projects
- Organising and managing tax reports, statements and documents relating to clients.
- Scheduling and organising tax work and assignments for the business tax team.
- Assisting in the preparation of tax returns for companies, unit trusts and partnerships.
- Supporting the business tax team in filing tax returns in a timely manner.
- Liaising with colleagues from other departments as and when necessary.
- A willingness to gain experience in a variety of business taxes.
- An enthusiasm for and interest in solving problems
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexible team player.
The firm is dedicated to the development of its trainees. Once the ATT qualification is achieved and subject to performance both at college and in the office, we would support the candidate through their Chartered Tax Adviser qualification.