The Business Support department is expanding and has recently implemented online interactive accounting software services for its clients.
We are looking for a bright individual to join our tight knit team. You will demonstrate an interest in technology, have strong communication skills and the ability to analyse and interpret data for our clients.
Your role will entail assisting the team with daily book keeping and the preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts and VAT returns for a variety of clients across all sectors using a suite of software services. You will also assist with the preparation of annual financial statements. We will be reporting key performance indicators and variances to our clients and providing them with relevant advisory services.
Your role will increase with responsibility as you develop through your training contract. You will initially assist other people within the team on their clients. Over time and depending on your rate of progress you will take on responsibility for a portfolio of clients under the supervision and direction of senior staff, our director and partners.
In the longer term, there is scope within the role for you to gain experience of marketing our services to our clients and potential clients.
You will travel to client’s premises where necessary.
Worked Based Competencies
- You will have strong business focus and awareness of current affairs
- An interest in and a proven aptitude for using technology
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- An ability to analyse and interpret data
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to work to and meet deadlines
- You will need to be client facing
- Proficient in using Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook
Highly motivated with a strong academic background including:
- 6 GCSE’s grade B and above including Maths and English
- Minimum of 300 ucas tariff points from 3 A’ Levels
- Expecting or achieved AAT Level 4 qualification