Working both autonomously and as part of a team to deliver audit, accounting and advisory services to a range of clients. You will also work towards attaining the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales’ Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (“CFAB”).
• Gathering of audit evidence through communication and interaction with client staff;
• Attend planning meetings for each audit where you will agree on roles, responsibilities and deadlines;
• Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients’ books and records, largely working from the client’s site;
• Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section, and check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions;
• Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget;
• Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Senior or Manager;
• Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements;
• Develop and strengthen client relationships;
• Add value to clients’ businesses through analysing their strengths and weaknesses, and recommending effective solutions;
• Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by the Firm;
• Undertake any training or development coordinated by the Firm;
• Participate in group, stream and Firm wide activities.
Whilst working towards the CFAB qualification, you will spend some time seconded to the firm’s business support unit. The role within this department will entail:
• Professional day to day accounting work for a variety of clients (largely at the client’s site) by applying principles of accounting, preparing financial reports, processing journal entries, reconciling reports and financial data;
• Providing information to other members of staff and reconciling general ledger balances;
• Assist in preparing management accounts for clients and answering client queries as and when they arise.
The essential job functions within this department will be formed of (but not limited to) on a number of clients:
• Preparation of monthly management accounts as directed;
• Preparation of bank reconciliations;
• Accurately process ongoing and period-end postings;
• Preparation of schedules and provision of information to auditors up to trial balance stage;
• Maintenance a fixed asset register.
• You will have a strong business focus and awareness of current affairs;
• You will need to demonstrate confidence and professionalism when communicating with internal staff and external clients;
• Willing and able to travel to various locations throughout the UK;
• Able to work as part of a team;
• Able to work to and meet deadlines;
• Proficient in using the Microsoft suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Highly motivated with a strong academic background including:
• 6 GCSE’s grade B and above including Maths and English;
• Minimum of 300 UCAS tariff points from 3 A Levels or equivalent.
• 22 days holiday;
• Life Insurance Scheme;
• Employee Assistance Programme.
Haysmacintyre is a 32 partner firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers with approximately 280 staff, delivering a wide range of specialist services from a single location in central London.
The mission statement of the Firm is to be recognised as business advisers to the SME community. Our marketing strategy, which was recently reviewed, concentrates on a number of key sectors: corporates (real estate, media and entertainment, sports, automotive), professional practices, charities/not for profit organizations and private clients.
Our services include audit, business tax, corporate finance, personal tax and financial services, VAT, business support, employer support, company secretarial, IT and other advisory services.
Haysmacintyre are joint owners of MSI, an international alliance in legal and accounting firms, with over 250 firms in 100 countries.