Purpose of the role:
Working both autonomously and as part of an established team focusing on providing tax services to a variety of industry sectors. This role will be client facing and require you to work as part of a team to be able to meet deadlines. You will also work towards membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW) whilst studying for the ACA qualification.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
- Gathering of audit evidence through communication and interaction with client staff;
- Attend planning meetings for each audit where you will agree roles, responsibilities and deadlines;
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients books and records;
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions;
- Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget;
- Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Senior or Manager;
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements;
- Develop and strengthen client relationships;
- Add value to clients’ businesses through analysing their strengths and weaknesses, and recommending effective solutions;
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by the Firm;
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Firm;
- Participate in group, stream and Firm wide activities.
- Have strong business focus and awareness of current affairs.
- You will need to demonstrate confidence and professionalism when communicating with internal staff and external clients
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
- Proficient in using Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook
Work based competencies
Highly motivated with a strong academic background including:
- 6 GCSE’s grade B and above (grade 6 or above in the new grades) including Maths and English
- Minimum of 300 UCAS tariff points from 3 A’ Levels
- Expecting or achieved a 2.1 degree in any discipline
- Salary – market rate
- Pension – 5% non-contributory
- Holiday – 22 days
- Death in Service cover
- Group Income Protection Insurance
- Notice period – 1 month
- Trading of holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Other flexible benefits available
Haysmacintyre is a 32 partner firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers with approximately 280 staff, delivering a wide range of specialist services from a single location in central London.
The mission statement of the Firm is to be recognised as business advisers to the SME community. Our marketing strategy, which was recently reviewed, concentrates on a number of key sectors: corporates (real estate, media and entertainment, sports, automotive), professional practices, charities/not for profit organizations and private clients.
Our services include audit, business tax, corporate finance, personal tax and financial services, VAT, business support, employer support, company secretarial, IT and other advisory services.
Haysmacintyre are joint owners of MSI, an international alliance in legal and accounting firms, with over 250 firms in 100 countries.