Start your accountancy career as soon as possible. If university isn’t the choice for you, Hazlewoods offers a Level 4 Apprenticeship to gain your AAT qualification.
Hazlewoods, UK Top 35 Business Advisers and Chartered Accountants, is a practice with a difference. Our unique specialist sector expertise gives us a UK wide client base, whilst based in beautiful Gloucestershire.
With over 500 employees, we are large enough to provide plenty of opportunities for progression, or rotation throughout teams, but small enough that everyone can make a difference. You will work with a portfolio of interesting and diverse clients: having an array of responsibilities and variety of work, no two days are the same!
Our Level 4 apprentices study alongside work, attending classroom-based lessons at our study partner, First Intuition.
Once the AAT is complete, we hope you will continue your journey with Hazlewoods and continue studying professionally. Those who join our Level 4 Apprenticeship from school or college can expect to become a fully qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA) within 5 years, gaining valuable work experience throughout this time.
We have opportunties in the following areas of the business:
- Audit – providing insightful, tailored advice to help maximise the potential of every business we work with.
- Tax – forward thinking, creative and strategic planning advice, tailored to fit out client’s personal and business objectives.
- Accountancy and Business Advisory – specialist accounting and business advice for our diverse clients.
- Corporate Finance – supporting clients through mergers, acquisitions, sales, raising finance and transaction services.
The right person will have:
- Achieved 3 A Levels at 112 UCAS points and above
- Achieved a Grade 6 (or above) in GCSE Maths and English Language
- A strong work ethic with the drive to succeed
- A keen eye for detail, with strong time management skills
- Credible and effective communication skills
- We will fund your study towards the AAT qualification.
- You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses.
- You will receive ongoing training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training
- You will be supported You will be supported by a manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. You will also be allocated a buddy, who will support you throughout your career journey
- After your AAT, we will support your journey on to the ACA or if you have a passion for Tax, we offer the joint ACA/CTA route
- Beyond your professional qualification, we offer first class personal skills development programmes: DRIVE (Business Development) INSPIRE (Leadership) and Talent Development Programme which includes a range of personal and professional courses.
Social and Benefits
- At Hazlewoods, we understand the importance of work/life balance which is why we offer 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays), paid time off for study, flexible working (after a qualifying period), employee referral bonus, numerous social and charity events, discounted gym memberships as well as a Health and Wellbeing programme.