At Kreston Reeves, our purpose is to guide our clients, our colleagues, and our communities to a brighter future. Our purpose is rooted in our values, and our values define who we are, what we stand for, and how we behave.
We help dynamic businesses, charity and not-for-profit organisations, private individuals, and families with much more than just accountancy and financial advice. We get to know and understand your needs, and our people’s dedication to providing a personal service sets us apart from the competition.
We’re now looking for an Audit Graduate to join our team.
Firm Culture and Benefits
It’s often said that it’s the people you work with that make a job special. At Kreston Reeves, we really believe that’s true. With 200 years of history behind us, we’re long-standing employers in the Kent, Sussex, and London communities. Our reputation is upheld by our people, who make it stronger every day. We live our values, creating a culture so our people can thrive.
We’re proud to support our people; from hybrid working, offering a better work/life balance, to engaging in conversations around mental health and wellbeing – we want all our people to feel valued and appreciated.
But we don’t stop there – we take an active role in giving back to our communities, with our Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme, Kreston Reeves Foundation charity and paid volunteer days, so our people can support the charitable causes closest to their hearts.
We offer a huge range of benefits – you can find out more here. Our people are our greatest asset, so if you think we’re the right fit for you, read on to find out more about the role.
Each year we recruit graduates and school leavers to undertake a three or four-year training contract in order to become a qualified Accountant. Training is undertaken with a leading provider. You will be given periods of block release to attend courses with exams being spread over the three or four year period. Our student training programme ensures that trainees are kept up to date with current processes and technical knowledge. We support them with regular reviews and feedback to help assist them in achieving their maximum potential.
The objectives of the role
To become a qualified accountant, to be an integrated audit team member, with work undertaken both within one of our offices and out at client premises, upholding professionalism at all times.
The key aspects of the role, which will vary dependent on level of experience, will include (but is not limited to):
- Preparing audit planning forms using Mercia methodology including an appropriately tailored Audit Plan document for communication to client, including compliance with Ethical Standards
- Use Data Analytics, interpret and plan audit accordingly
- Perform substantive audit testing on balance sheet areas.
- Perform testing on schedules to support accounts disclosure
- Attendance at stock takes and appropriate audit testing thereon.
- Discussions with client to document internal system operations and subsequently perform tests to assess effectiveness and identify any weaknesses.
- Participation in Internal audit planning meetings
- Lead internal planning meeting as career develops
- Participate in Audit close meetings
- Preparation of statutory accounts from client’s Trial Balance including all relevant disclosures in accordance with the appropriate legislation and accounting standards
- Supervise on site audit team members and report to manager as career progresses
- Draft Key Audit Findings document
- Draft relevant Audit Report
- Compile relevant data to facilitate production of tax computation (where KR are engaged to provide this service) or review the client’s tax computation.
- Liaise with the corporation tax team as appropriate and in accordance with KR
- internal risk assessment
- Communicate relevant deadlines to client e.g. accounts filing at Companies House, corporation tax payment and filing, confirmation statements, P11d’s etc.
- Identify opportunities to refer additional service to clients
- Provide on the job training to subsequent student intakes
- Follow and adhere to all aspects of KR values and uphold professional ethics
- Provide both positive and developmental feedback as appropriate.
- Provide support to the wider audit team at all levels
- Attendance at networking events to promote ones self and the firm
- Manage assignment budgeting and explain variances, raise client fees and chase for outstanding payments when necessary to protect the firm.
- Participate in audit close meeting
- Attend networking events
- Complete job appraisal forms for personal development and growth
- Maintain online training records and ethics
- Using client information to prepare financial statements
- Be prepared to study in your own time to make sure you get the most from your studies and achieve exam success
- Attend tuition and revision courses with a leading training provider, as well as attend internal student courses
- Enthusiasm and an interest in business and accountancy
- Knowledge of the firm
- GCSE’s Maths and English Grade C or above
- ‘Good’ A levels, OR
Please advise us why we should consider your application.
- GCSE’s Maths and English Grade C or above
- 2:1, OR
- 2:2 with ‘good’ A levels, OR
Please advise us why we should consider your application.Apply now for this role