We are currently recruiting for a VAT Assistant to join our Kreston Reeves team.
Kreston Reeves advise dynamic businesses, not for profit organisations, private individuals, and families on all areas of business, tax and wealth. We help clients make confident decisions about their future.
With offices across London, Kent and Sussex and international reach via Kreston International, we are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of all our clients wherever their ambition takes them.
We provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services that will help clients to achieve their personal and business goals.
We are looking for a trusted and valid member of staff to join the current team.
Firm Culture and Benefits
Having started out over 100 years ago, we are long-standing employers across our office communities in Kent, Sussex, London – and beyond. We’re really proud of the reputation we’ve built and we’re grateful to our people for making it stronger every day. Our strong commitment to living our firm’s values means we listen carefully to our teams and enjoy helping each other succeed – creating a culture in which our employees can thrive and provide the highest service to our clients.
We want all our employees to be rewarded for their hard work and enjoy a balanced lifestyle, which is why we offer benefits such as agile working and an engagement programme centred around mental health and wellbeing.
We are also proud of our active Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. Our own Kreston Reeves Charity Foundation enables us to consistently ‘give back’ to our local communities wherever we can, as well as provide opportunities for our employees to get more involved in charitable work and in choosing the causes which benefit from the Foundation. We give all of our employees the option to take one day paid each year for volunteering so they can support the charitable causes closest to them.
Other benefits we offer our employees include up to 5% contribution on our pension scheme and a grade specific flexible benefit pot to use throughout the year on a range of benefits (including mandatory Private health plan, Death in service and Income protection) from gym membership and restaurant discount cards, to travel insurance and additional health insurance – and much more.
We are proud of the positive culture and flexible working environment our employees enjoy.
This role will involve you:
- Contributing to the provision of an excellent advisory and compliance service to a diverse range of clients, providing support to supervisors, managers and partners.
- Reporting to managers and partners and taking responsibility for completing tasks accurately, to deadline and liaising with clients, via varied means of communication.
- Managing relevant written correspondence with HMRC
- Travelling to and from clients’ premises and our other offices from time to time.
- Demonstrating initiative and judgement although supervision and advice will be available at all times.
- Developing technical expertise, with coaching and support from senior VAT team members, and training courses.
- Assisting in client onboarding and in raising VAT related fees.
- Gaining new work from existing or new clients where possible.
- Ensure full implementation of key tasks for VAT work in line with agreed budget ensuring adherence to Kreston Reeves standards of performance.
- Act as a key and sustained point of contact for clients and internal contacts in Audit, Accounts and other service lines
The following qualities are desirable:
- A team player
- A driven, self-starter attitude
- Good communication skills
- Approachability and availability
- Honesty and integrity
- 3 A levels
- 2:1, OR 2:2 with ‘good’ A levels