Are you looking to gain your AAT qualification? Do you want to earn money whilst studying?
We are looking for a talented individual to join us as a AAT Apprentice in our Not For Profit team in our Heathrow Office! The start date for this role will be September 2022.
As an Audit Trainee, you will provide a high-quality level of service with charity and not for profit clients as its core, by collaborating with all members of the Not for Profit team and different departments to provide the most effective solutions for the client. Trainees should communicate effectively and work in collaboration with team members in order to meet shared goals and deadlines. Trainees must be aligned with Menzies Vision, Purpose and Values and ensure these are reflected in all work prepared and daily activities undertaken. You will also be studying alongside this work, to complete your AAT qualification.
- Assistance with the audit of the client’s Statutory Financial Statements
- Assistance with the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Maintain professional scepticism while performing relevant duties
- Preparation of statutory accounts from client’s accounting software and manual client records
- Reviewing and analysing client’s statutory accounts, accounting records and systems, confirming that they are in line with expectations and functioning effectively
- Liaising with clients and related third parties on behalf of the audit team’s Responsible Individual
- Work with others to discuss issues and obtain assistance as required
- Where appropriate develop and supervise junior trainees
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required for this role
- Develop and maintain knowledge from both study and day-to-day work experience
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and databases
- Good numeracy and literary skills
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain work-life-study balance to meet required deadlines
- Willingness to contribute as part of a team
- 5 GCSEs A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred)
- Minimum 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C
The AAT Programme:
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate & Apprenticeship Employers to work for over the past 5 years (Job Crowd.com) with our award-winning training and development trainee programmes for Graduates & Apprentices. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the trainee programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you’ll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn’t just stop once you complete your AAT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto further studies, such as the 3 year ACA qualification.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders! Everyone is different and we don’t pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that’s Consultancy, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.