We are looking for an ACA Apprentice for our Solent office September 2022 intake! This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate looking to kickstart their career in audit.
The ACA Programme:
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate & Apprenticeship Employers to work for over the past 5 years (Job Crowd.com) with our award-winning training and development trainee programmes for Graduates & Apprentices. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the trainee programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
Menzies’ ACA Apprenticeship programme is ideal for graduates starting out in the accountancy profession. Our ACA trainees work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners and directors. Over the three-year programme, Trainees will develop their technical knowledge, practical skills and gain commercial insight into how a variety of businesses work and the challenges they face. As Trainees progress through the programme they will develop audit skills in increasingly complex areas and take on additional responsibility for supervising some of the work of more junior members of the team.
- Communicating and building working relationships with clients and other employees within relevant departments within the Firm.
- Planning, execution and completion of statutory audits, reporting to managers and partners.
- Preparation of statutory accounts, including review of disclosure requirements.
- Co-ordinate and communicate plans with clients, to ensure deadlines are met.
- Beginning to lead on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision from the second year of contract, ensuring quality is met within budget.
- Monitoring and progressing less experienced trainees and team members from within your second year.
- Engaging in business development, promoting the Firm and its services to existing and potential clients.
- Minimum of a 2:1 undergraduate degree in either a Business, Finance, Scientific, Law, Engineering or Mathematics discipline.
- Minimum 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred) or equivalent.
- Passionate about working with people
- Commercially & strategically minded
- Strong at networking & relationship building
- Existing/recent entry level work experience in the accounting profession would be ideal
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short-term time period. However, every application is reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also the quality of your CV and Covering Letter!
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain. Please be aware that we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL. Please do not contact individual hiring managers.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply