Are you an aspiring future business & finance leader who is looking to build a career with a dynamic and growing professional services firm?
If that is you then you need to apply for Menzies LLP’s ATT R&D Tax Graduate Programme which is now open for applications for our office in Leatherhead, Surrey.
This is a key role within the Firm’s Innovation and R&D tax team focused on assisting innovative corporate clients with the preparation and submission of their R&D tax relief claims. Later developing into a role providing advice around the whole innovation lifecycle and related tax aspects.
The ATT-CTA Tax Programme:
Our R&D Tax Trainees work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners & directors. You will be given the opportunity to gain a strong advisory insight into how organizations work and the challenges they face, developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the 3-year ATT-CTA Trainee Programme you’ll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Once you complete your ATT qualification, you will go on and study the prestigious CTA qualification. However, your career with Menzies doesn’t just stop once you complete your professional qualification, we encourage all of our trainees to be our next generation of senior leaders!
Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career in the MENZIES ACADEMY as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of R&D Reports and tax relief claims for submission to HMRC including the following:
- Report writing
- Detailed industry and client research and due diligence
- Liaising with internal teams and clients to source relevant information
- Extensive analysis and calculations in relation to R&D costs
- Relevant corporation tax computation entries
- Online submission to HMRC and subsequent monitoring of claim progress
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as may be reasonably required
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Minimum of a 2:1 undergraduate degree in either a Business, Finance, Science, Technology Law, Engineering, Mathematics, English or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C
- 8 GCSE’s including Maths and English, or equivalent.
- Good numeracy and literary skills
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain work-life-study balance to meet required deadlines
- Willingness to contribute as part of a team
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new ATT R&D Tax Graduate then apply online ASAP.