Are you looking to gain your AAT or ACA qualification? Do you want to earn money whilst studying?
We are looking for a talented individual to be our new AAT/ACA Apprentice for our Audit team in our Farnborough office, September 2023 intake!
The ACA Programme:
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate & Apprenticeship Employers to work for over the past 5 years (Job Crowd.com) with our award-winning training and development trainee programmes for Graduates & Apprentices. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the trainee programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
You will be based in our Audit department and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organisations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you’ll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn’t just stop once you complete your AAT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto further studies, such as the 3 year ACA qualification.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders! Everyone is different and we don’t pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that’s Consultancy, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
- Communicating and building working relationships with clients and other employees within relevant departments within the Firm.
- Planning, execution and completion of statutory audits, reporting to managers and partners.
- Preparation of statutory accounts, including review of disclosure requirements.
- Co-ordinate and communicate plans with clients, to ensure deadlines are met.
- Beginning to lead on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision from the second year of contract, ensuring quality is met within budget.
- Monitoring and progressing less experienced trainees and team members from within your second year.
You will have:
- Minimum (or predicted) of a 2:2 in your undergraduate degree
- 5 GCSEs A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred)
- Minimum 2 x A levels (A-C) and one other A level or equivalent
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and databases
- Good numeracy and literary skills
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain work-life-study balance to meet required deadlines
- Willingness to contribute as part of a team
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short-term time period. However, every application is reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also the quality of your CV and Covering Letter!