We have an exciting entry level opportunity in Business Recovery Administration at our central London office! We are looking for a bright talent to be our new Insolvency Administrator.
Do you have an interest in business finance and insolvency? If YES, apply to join The Job Crowd awarded Top Company for Apprentices and Graduates to work for in 2021!
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate & Apprenticeship Employers to work for over the past 6 years (Job Crowd.com) with our award-winning training and development trainee programmes for Graduates & Apprentices. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our trainees have a mentor & training manager, and they get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
You will be based in our Business Recovery department and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organisations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility such as looking after a portfolio of personal and corporate insolvencies. You will provide a high-quality service to clients, ensuring all statutory responsibilities are fulfilled alongside the Insolvency Practitioner’s duties to maximise realisations for the benefit of creditors.
This is an entry level role that will give you an opportunity to kick-start your career in a niche and highly specialised area of accountancy. As you learn and develop, you will have an opportunity to progress and learn new skills and qualifications.
- Using a number of different sources to gain key information and an understanding of each specific case;
- Communicating with stakeholders including bankrupts, directors, shareholders, creditors and employees;
- Preparing statutory reports and ensuring cases are closed efficiently;
- Taking responsibility for a portfolio of cases with appropriate management;
- Collaborating with others, including providing support and assistance to other team members when required; and
- Carrying out investigations within insolvency assignments where appropriate.
You will have:
- Either a minimum 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C or a 2:1 in your undergraduate degree (any subject)
- Good numeracy and literary skills
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain work-life-study balance to meet required deadlines
- Willingness to contribute as part of a team
- An interest in business finance is preferred.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, to manage workload and meet statutory and internal deadlines
- The ability to draw logical and sensible conclusions from data presented, applies knowledge effectively from experience and can relate it to other matters
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy and advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the Firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our clients’ businesses.
Our Excellent Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching private pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Competitive staff referral scheme
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events – each office will be involved in various charity and
- sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program – our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As
- well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.