Are you looking for an entry-level role to the payroll profession?
Do you want a career that is challenging yet rewarding? Do you want to contribute to one of the most important areas of business?
Menzies are looking for highly numerate individuals who are comfortable working with sensitive information and are good communicators to join our payroll team!
We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment for all employees, making this an ideal entry-level position.
The payroll function is a fundamental part of any business and is there to make sure employees are paid both accurately and on time. The regulations and legislation surrounding pay are frequently subject to change, making a career in payroll dynamic and stimulating.
There are many reasons why people may choose to work in payroll. Those working within the payroll arena are often some of the most highly respected and trusted employers, due to the gravitas of getting payroll correct. Payroll professionals have access to the most private and confidential information regarding a business’s employees.
Working in Payroll promises to continually give you opportunities to acquire new skills. It is an area where there are constant legislative changes to comprehend and interpret. In the last 20 years we have seen radical change from Working Time Regulations, minimum wage changes, RTI, changes to SSP, SPP, SMP and more recently furlough. The changes and alterations seem to be never ending!
This is a client-based payroll position that will offer varied and diverse opportunities to undertake an entire payroll process from start to finish for a portfolio of clients. You will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of annual, monthly, quarterly or weekly payrolls. The allocation of clients will be based on experience and complexity of client’s needs
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurate processing of client payrolls across weekly, monthly, quarterly pay cycles
- Setting up PAYE schemes with HMRC
- Deal with incoming data/queries from clients
- Assist other payroll team members when required
- Deal with internal requests for reports and payroll information
- Maintaining and updating client and employee permanent changes
- Assisting with other ad-hoc duties as required
- Basic use of Microsoft office
- Answer phone/email in a professional manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates an organised approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Communicates effectively and professionally in person and in writing
- Shows willingness and aptitude to learn and develop new skills
- Willingness to take on challenges
- Previous customer focused administrative experience would be preferable