Overview of Firm
PKF is the 11th largest accountancy brand and the 9th largest audit practice in the UK. We are also an active member of PKF International, a global network of legally independent accounting firms that gives us an on the ground presence in 150 countries around the world with access to more than 20,000 people across 440 offices globally.
We provide a full range of audit, accountancy, tax and advisory services, and are experts at simplifying complexity. We are particularly well-known for working with complex clients with challenging issues in fast-moving and highly technical areas, such as the insurance industry, the global capital markets and the not for profit sector. Our aim is to understand people, the organisations they run, and what matters to them, so we can simplify complexity and help them achieve their ambitions.
Our tax service line covers five key areas: Corporate Tax, Human Capital, Indirect Tax, Private Clients and Tax Disputes. The team has grown significantly in recent years and has ambitious plans for the future.
We work across all sectors, with specialisms in insurance, property, technology, international businesses, high net worth individuals and globally mobile individuals.
We are VAT specialists and our breadth of experience reflects the variety of clients we work for. We deal with a broad range of consultancy and compliance work. We support businesses in meeting their VAT compliance objectives and advise on any VAT issues that they may face. We also provide advice and compliance services on other indirect taxes, such as Insurance Premium Tax, Customs duty, and Air Passenger Duty.
The primary role will be to assist and support the Indirect Tax team. It is therefore anticipated that the successful candidate will play a part in the development of the practice. There will be elements of both administrative and, with experience, project work. In the department, there are usually a number of projects going on at any one time, with a lot of smaller queries to be dealt with at the same time.
The VAT team at PKF Littlejohn LLP deals with a broad range of consultancy and compliance work emanating from a wide variety of clients. Our clients need you to:
- Liaise with HMRC to help them to discharge their VAT obligations correctly and on time so that they and their suppliers/customer do not incur unexpected VAT costs (be they absolute or cashflow costs), interest and penalties
- Speak to them (in person and/or on video calls) to understand their issues and determine the VAT treatment(s) of their transactions
- Provide clear and concise written advice to them that is well-researched, considered and contains practical/commercial recommendations
- Resolve differences of view (about the VAT treatment of transactions) between your clients and HMRC/their suppliers/their customers through insight, deep technical research and a pragmatic/commercial approach
- Obtain written views from HMRC
- Take VAT appeals to the Tax Tribunal
- Participate in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Negotiate with HMRC and (where necessary) their supplier(s)/customer(s) in respect of the potential VAT treatment of their transactions.
Providing support in special projects, as required and according to level of experience, projects might include:
- Due diligence
- Coordinating international tax compliance projects and assisting the Indirect Tax team with client compliance reviews
- Investigation and resolution of indirect tax queries
- Assistance in development of marketing initiatives
- Tender proposals
- Assistance in VAT marketing initiatives
- Due diligence as part of Transaction Services projects
- VAT input as part of external audit services
- VAT input to insolvency/restructuring team
- Training staff/clients on VAT matters
- Investigation and resolution of VAT queries
- VAT registration applications and VAT returns.
- Minimum of a 2.2 degree, attained or expected
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (2017 tariff), from three A Levels (excluding general studies), or equivalent
- GCSEs Grade 5/B in Maths and English Language
- Willingness/desire to help colleagues and clients to resolve their issues
- Tenacious, creative and enjoys solving puzzles/problems
- Interested in trying to understand issues and other people’s perspectives on them
- Thoughtful, reflective and considered/well-researched before offering views/opinions
- Able to quickly identify the main ideas/important points in written text or during verbal interactions
- Organised, efficient and responsive