Overview of Firm
We are top ten-ranked auditors and tax advisers with in-depth expertise in many fields of tax, accountancy and finance. We work for clients ranging from large, listed corporates and SMEs to individuals, their families and their businesses
Introduction to Business Services
‘Variety’ best describes the work of this division. You could be involved in the audit of any organisation from a listed company to working with owner-managed businesses. Sole traders and partnerships don’t always have the accounting infrastructure of larger companies, so they rely on us for day-to-day financial advice. Our clients include natural resource companies, tech companies, professional practices and retailers.
Your work could range from conducting audits at clients’ premises to preparing management or statutory accounts.
With every audit, you’ll gain a deeper insight into each stage of the process, and a broader view of the businesses we work for. As your experience grows, so will your opportunities.
Purpose and aim of the job is to begin to develop a knowledge of accounting and auditing techniques and show commitment to passing the professional examinations.
- Undertake the work allocated by the assignment leader
- Keep the assignment leader informed about progress at daily meetings
- Ensure attendance at briefing meetings and understand the audit plan
- Complete the work within budget for each area
- Adopt high professional standards with a business-like approach to work
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of double entry book keeping
- Be able to obtain and document effective audit evidence including that relating to Corporation and Indirect taxes, to include the following:
- Fixed assets section
- Bank section
- Document accounting systems and complete systems testing
- Substantive testing on the Profit and Loss analysis – including attention to tax requirements
- Develop a basic knowledge of current accounting standards
- Pass relevant professional examinations first time
- Be able to advise on basic accounting issues
- Be aware of Institute and internal ethical guidelines
- To accept responsibility for all work performed and to follow up to ensure completion
- Willing to accept feedback/development points and action it
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a 2.1 degree, attained or expected. Please note if you have a Master’s in Accounting or Finance you will not be eligible for this position. You can apply to our Business Outsourcing or Tax role instead.
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (2017 tariff), from three A Levels (excluding general studies), or equivalent
- Be commercially aware
- Computer literate
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Work to deadlines
- Ability to spot new business
- Problem solver