Overview of Firm
We are an independent top 10 firm of chartered accountants and business advisors based in Canary Wharf. With in-depth expertise in many fields of tax, accountancy and finance, we work for clients ranging from large, listed corporates and SMEs to individuals, their families and their businesses.
Not for Profit Team
The Not for Profit (NFP) team has an impressive pool of knowledge and experience to share and from which to learn. The team is led by partners with extensive experience in the sector; not only of auditing and advising large, high profile NFP entities but some have also seen things from the client’s side where they have run and assisted in the governance of global international charities.
Our clients, ranging in size from turnover of £100,000 to £1bn, are distinguished by the fact that they exist for a social purpose, rather than by what they do day to day. This means the NFP world encompasses everything from radical campaigning organisations to big businesses with a public benefit remit. This is an exciting time for anyone with an interest in the sector to be joining our NFP team and in return for your enthusiasm to develop and learn we can offer you the opportunity to build a rewarding career.
Purpose and Aim of the Job
- To begin to develop a knowledge of accounting and auditing techniques and show commitment to passing the professional examinations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake audit work as allocated by the assignment leader
- Keep the assignment leader informed about progress at daily meetings
- Ensure attendance at briefing meetings and understand the audit plan
- Complete the work efficiently and to a high quality
- Adopt high professional standards with a business-like approach to work
- Develop an understanding and application of current accounting and auditing standards
- Be aware of Institute, Financial Reporting Council and internal ethical guidelines
- Advise clients on technical matters
- To accept responsibility for all work performed
- Engage with a wide range of NFP organisations
- Contribute to the growth and success of the division
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a 2.1 degree, attained or expected
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (2017 tariff) (excluding general studies)
- A keen interest in and empathy with the Not for Profit sector
- Be commercially aware
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Work to deadlines
- Ability to provide solutions