Overview of Firm
PKF is the 11th largest accountancy brand and the 9th largest audit practice in the UK. We are also an active member of PKF International, a global network of legally independent accounting firms that gives us an on the ground presence in 150 countries around the world with access to more than 20,000 people across 440 offices globally.
We provide a full range of audit, accountancy, tax and advisory services, and are experts at simplifying complexity. We are particularly well-known for working with complex clients with challenging issues in fast-moving and highly technical areas, such as the insurance industry, the global capital markets and the not for profit sector. Our aim is to understand people, the organisations they run, and what matters to them, so we can simplify complexity and help them achieve their ambitions.
Introduction to Outsourcing Team
‘Variety’ best describes the work of this team. You could be involved in the preparation financial statements of any organisation from owner-managed businesses, sole traders, partnerships or large UK groups. The industries our clients operate in include property, retail, Financial services, consultancy, technology and many others.
With every accounts preparation assignment you’ll gain a deeper insight into how financial statements are put together, and get involved with more complex work. As your experience grows, so will your opportunities.
The Outsourcing team is a growing and dynamic part of the Business Services Division, offering room for career progression. The successful candidate will assist the Manager and Bookkeepers in providing a high quality bookkeeping service to a wide variety of businesses.
The post-holder will be taught to assist in all aspects of bookkeeping including:
- Invoice/Transactions processing/bookkeeping
- Maintaining cash books/sales and purchase ledgers/nominal ledgers
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Writing cheques and bank processes
- Producing aged debtor and credit listings
- Preparation and processing of journals
- Use a variety of accounting systems including Xero, Quickbooks, Sage and many more
- Monthly management accounts
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Year-end statutory financial statements
The post-holder will also be expected to:
- Undertake the work allocated by the manager and assignment leader
- Keep the team informed about progress regularly
- Complete work within budget and time allocated
- Adopt high professional standards with a business-like approach to work
- Develop a basic knowledge of current accounting standards
- Be able to advise on basic accounting issues
- Be aware of Institute and internal ethical guidelines
- To accept responsibility for all work performed
- Willing to accept feedback/development points and action it
- Pass relevant professional examinations first time
- Minimum of a 2.1 degree (attained or expected) in any discipline
- Minimum of 96 UCAS points (2017 tariff) from three A Levels, or equivalent (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or 9-4 or above (or equivalent)
- Able to work on his/her own with limited support and use initiative
- Team player
- Effective communication skills
- Willingness to ask for help/ask questions
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Commercial awareness
- Good attention to detail
- Effective time-management skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Work to deadlines
- Problem solver
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate core IT skills which include the use of Word, Excel and email.