Overview of Firm
PKF is the 12th largest accountancy brand and the 12th largest audit practice in the UK. We are also an active member of PKF Global, an international network of legally independent accounting firms that gives us an on the ground presence in 150 countries around the world with access to more than 20,000 people across 440 offices globally.
We provide a full range of audit, accountancy, tax and advisory services, and are experts at simplifying complexity. We are particularly well-known for working with complex clients with challenging issues in fast-moving and highly technical areas, such as the insurance industry, the global capital markets and the not for profit sector. Our aim is to understand people, the organisations they run, and what matters to them, so we can simplify complexity and help them achieve their ambitions.
Introduction to the Division
Our tax service line covers five key areas: Corporate Tax, Human Capital, Indirect Tax, Private Clients and Tax Disputes. The team has grown significantly in recent years and has ambitious plans for the future.
We work across all sectors, with specialisms in insurance, property, technology, international businesses, high net worth individuals and globally mobile individuals.
To manage a portfolio of clients, providing compliance and consultancy advice; responsibilities might include the following:
- Develop tax compliance knowledge and skills
- Assist in the management of a portfolio of private clients, including self-employed, employed, internationally mobile employees, sportspersons, high net worth individuals and Lloyd’s names
- Liaise with clients in writing, via telephone and in face-to-face meetings
- Liaise with third parties, including HM Revenue and Customs, brokers, banks, and solicitors
- Assist managers and partners in their personal and trust tax compliance and other work, as required
- Supervision of secondees, including training, delegating and reviewing work
- Minimum of a 2.2 degree, attained or expected
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (2017 tariff), from three A Levels (excluding general studies), or equivalent
- GCSEs Grade 5/B in Maths and English Language
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to generate workable solutions to problems
- Takes responsibility
- Completes work to a high standard of accuracy
- Questions existing ways of doing things
- Completes tasks on time
- Uses initiative
- Able to cope with the pressure of high and varying workloads
- Willing to take advice
- Flexible in approach to work and willing to learn new skills
- Good written skills
- Able to communicate effectively and keep others informed