We are looking for a school leaver to join us in the Sports and Entertainment Tax team at Saffery Champness. This will be an Admin Assistant role for the first 12 months, and will continue as an ATT training contract from September 2022.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in a professional working environment and learn how an accountancy firm operates.
Over the 12 months, we will introduce you to work completed by our tax professionals within the Sports and Entertainment team. You will support your colleagues on client work (e.g. sport – athletes and professional footballers and film and tv clients).
Tasks could include:
- Assisting all team members with admin.
- Attending meetings and taking minutes with both existing clients and potential new clients.
- Requesting information from clients and contacts.
- Assist in filling out various HMRC / Client take-on forms (and all aspects of the tax compliance cycle).
- Assisting with team marketing.
- Sort and file routine material as instructed into various filing systems eg. alpha-numeric, name or code.
- Create new files for material and file in appropriate filing system.
- Ensure that all electronic filing is up to date and maintained at regular intervals.
- Undertaking tasks on both AML and Billing, ensuring that all are carried out to a high degree of accuracy and through to completion.
- Proactive follow-up with the AML and Finance teams as required.
- Support other members of the team and provide cover as and when necessary to ensure that work is completed to a high standard and meets required deadlines.
- Any copying, printing or scanning required, including preparation of large files or documents (paper and electronic), including preparation and indexing.
- Adhoc admin duties as required.
This is an exciting role offering exposure to an interesting client base, with future development opportunities as a tax professional.
- Minimum 120 UCAS points or equivalent, gained at one sitting
- Minimum grade 6 (B) in English Lang and Maths GCSE (or equivalent)
If you do not meet these requirements, have extenuating circumstances or have any queries please Annabel Leach on LinkedIn.
We also have another opportunity in our Corporate Tax team.