We are a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn and Bury and a hub in Burnley, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. Our vision is to be the best North West firm of finance professionals and we want great people to join our team and help us do that. We are proud of our inclusivity and diversity, encouraging people to be the best they can be and to be involved, no matter their level of experience or role.
We are a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities. Joining the PM+M team will help take your career to the next level. You will be joining a values led organisation with a unique culture where you will be encouraged to take ownership of your own development and achieve your career goals. We understand that we thrive when we help our clients succeed and that is our core purpose.
We also understand that, to do that, our people need to succeed and be happy and fulfilled. Everyone is different and has different hopes and dreams and different personal circumstances at different stages of their lives. Our task is to listen to you, understand what you want to achieve next and then work with you to help you get there. Our working practices are really flexible, based on high degrees of trust and empowerment and can flex to suit your circumstances and needs.
Why work for us
We provide a complementary range of learning opportunities to ensure that you maximise your potential with professional, technical and soft skills development. We have quarterly performance review conversations to ensure your development is on track.
We also encourage you to get involved in wider firm initiatives and have your say on how we can progress on our journey towards being the best North West firm of finance professionals.
We also look to put you through recognised qualifications that interest you and support your careers. Depending on the service team you work within, this could be the AAT, ICAEW, ACCQA, CTA or CIPP to name a few.
We also offer market leading benefits for our team, including:
- 23.5 days’ holiday per annum + bank holidays
- office closedown over Winter Break
- flexible Easter Break, to account for other religious festivals
- on site free parking
- employer pension contribution of 8%,
- death in service life cover of 4 x salary
- income protection scheme
- weekly flexi time
- agreed overtime
- family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental pay
- flexible benefits (salary sacrifice) scheme including a range of benefits such as private medical insurance, extra holidays, electric car scheme etc
- hybrid working
- full technical and soft skills training and support
- recruitment incentive scheme
- annual firm wide success bonus
- cycle to work scheme
- employee well-being portal
- access to the WeCare app that offers health, well-being, financial and legal support
- dress for your day policy and dress down Fridays
- paid sick leave
- extensive learning & development opportunities and study support