Join the #1 UK business school for graduate outcomes*
The triple-accredited University of Exeter Business School offers Accounting and Finance degrees that are designed for those who want to pursue a career in accounting or business.
By studying with us, you will gain a broad understanding of business subjects and the wider context in which accounting operates. There is also the potential to get a head start in the job market by gaining exemptions from professional accounting qualifications.
Our undergraduate and postgraduate degrees offer you many ways to specialise, including tax, auditing and management accounting. You can combine these skills with wider business knowledge from management to organisational law, marketing to economics, creating varied and exciting career possibilities.
Example modules: Introduction to Financial Accounting, Business Finance for Accountants, Economic Principles, Management Accounting, Corporate Finance, Introduction to Securities and Investment, Leadership and Teams, Global Securities, Operations Investment Practice, Financial Modelling
A degree in accounting and finance from the University of Exeter is recognised worldwide as an academically rigorous, industry standard degree, offering you entry into a range of roles and organisations.
Example careers: Trainee Stockbroker, Actuary, Insurance Associate, Finance Administrator, Auditor, Decision Support Analyst, Researcher, Marketing Manager, Actuarial Pricing Trainee, Tax Associate
“I chose Exeter because the ranking of the Accounting and Finance course is among the top in the UK. The employment rate after university is also very high. Moreover, Exeter is a lovely city and has a very student-friendly campus.
I love how my degree has helped me broaden my global business perspective, and allowed me to explore management concepts alongside accounting. I really like that my degree allows me flexibility to choose modules from other disciplines so I can tailor it to my own interests.”
– Khin from Mynamar, studying BSc Accounting and Finance
- 1st for graduate outcomes for Accounting and Finance in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
- Part of an elite group of business schools worldwide that possess Triple-Crown accreditation from the three largest and most influential business school accreditation organisations worldwide: AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA.
- Options to combine your degree with a salaried industrial placement or year studying abroad
- ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA, ICAEW, ICAS accredited programmes available, where specific modules may enable exemptions from professional accountancy exams
- Opportunity to gain two masters with our prestigious double degree programme
- Exeter is amongst the top 200 universities worldwide according to the 2021 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, QS World University Rankings and Shanghai World University Rankings, three of the most influential global league tables.
Our Undergraduate Programmes
- Accounting and Business BSc
- Accounting and Finance BSc
- Applied Finance (Degree Apprenticeship) BSc
Our Postgraduate Programmes
- Accounting and Finance MSc
- Financial Analysis and Fund Management MSc
- Finance and Investment MSc
- Finance and Marketing MSc
- Finance and Management MSs
- Financial Technology (Fintech) MSc
We also offer PhD opportunities in both Accounting and Finance.
*1st for graduate outcomes for Accounting and Finance in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021.View University of Exeter's Website