An ACA training contract where you aren’t worked into the ground, you have a life, get client exposure from the off, dress down every day and a beer/wine fridge cracked open every Friday afternoon… you did read that right.
You would be joining an Audit & Accounts team with a brilliant track record of supporting ACA trainees, some of whom are now Senior Managers supporting the development of the 30 strong Audit team.
Picture this: At the end of those 3 successful years, your salary would have pretty much doubled, you would be qualified and ready to step into an Audit Senior role supporting the development of new ACA trainees coming up through the ranks.
You would certainly feel looked after, with Angie our Learning & Development Advisor supporting your progress and part of the team, with a tonne of social and sports clubs to get involved in, from charity fundraising events, football, netball and rounders to the ‘CBW winos’ (a well organised wine tasting club!)
In a nutshell
You will gain experience across a broad range of clients and industries from day one, well not literally day one as you are at college for the first 2 weeks, learning all about the ACA programme.
You will receive training delivered by a leading professional training provider on a block release basis, enabling you to come back to the office and apply the knowledge you have gained. Couple this with internal and on the job training, support from like-minded professionals and your go get’em attitude; it’s a recipe for success!
In the early days you will be supporting Audit Semi-Seniors, Seniors or Managers (depending on the client and size of the audit) assisting with the preparation of audit files on site, liaising with clients and working to deadlines as a team.
For non-audit assignments you will be assisting with or preparing statutory and non-statutory accounts for corporate clients, partnerships and sole traders, this will also include abbreviated company accounts, full company accounts and from time to time group accounts.
As a graduate signing up for 3 years, what do you really want to know?
- Hours – Monday to Friday, 35 hours week, flexi time (yes really, we put a big emphasis on work life balance, enabling you to recharge your batteries).
- Who are we? – Top 50, City based full-service accountancy firm with 20 Partners and 165 staff.
- What is life like at CBW? Check out the social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, twitter and LinkedIn) by searching ‘Carter Backer Winter’.
- COVID-19 – Find out how we supported our teams during lockdown and how we are supporting our teams moving forward within the FAQs section on our careers page.
Whilst we appreciate it’s a graduate training contract, so your experience is going to be limited, there are a few things that we do need you to have: –
- 280 UCAS points and have or are expecting to achieve a 2.1 degree or higher. For the record we are totally open on degree subject, it doesn’t have to be finance or accountancy related.
- Strong IT skills – with the numerous cloud offerings available, it goes without saying you will need to be comfortable working with different software and have an interest in how it supports audit and accounts. Obvious systems are Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent attention to detail – Bit of a no brainer, but pretty essential when working with large quantities of data and looking at important numbers.
- Managing your own time and working successfully to deadlines – We tend not to breathe down your neck when you undertake work, you will be given work to complete within manageable deadlines and it’s up to you how you do it most of the time.
- Excellent communication skills, this applies to team members, colleagues and clients, also the ability to listen and follow instructions is going to form a crucial part of your training and development.
- An understanding of what is expected from you on an ACA training contract – if you don’t know, google it, check out the ICAEW website and understand what you are signing up for.
- Select apply now to be taken to our website and an online application form (CV also required)
- The closing date for applications is 12pm on Friday 21st August 2020.
- You can get more information on the full process and key dates by visiting the Graduate Vacancies page on our website.
Everyone who applies will receive a response with the outcome of their application.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply