If you have a passion for tax, we offer the Level 7 joint ACA/CTA qualification
The combined route means you can study to become a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Adviser at the same time.
In one study programme you will gain two highly respected professional qualifications – the ACA and CTA. This programme is ideal for those who want to specialise in tax.
The Hazlewoods tax team has dedicated professionals based at both our offices in Cheltenham and Staverton.
We are delighted to have won the 2022 Best Tax Practice in a Regional Firm in the Tolley’s Taxation Awards, an award we were also winners in 2017 and finalists for in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Our award-winning team works with a range of companies from innovative start-ups to well established multi-national groups.
In addition, the team deals with high-net worth individuals and supports our sector specialism departments – Vets, Pharmacy, Farms & Estates and Legal.,
You will be assigned a buddy for support and guidance.
The job is office-based, however there may be opportunities to attend client meetings and conference calls.
Your work will vary and may include a mix of:
- Preparation of tax returns, tax disclosures and Capital
- Gains computations
- Assist with trust registration and inheritance tax forms
- Preparation of Capital Gains Tax property reports
- Preparation of P11D forms in relation to benefits in kind
- Preparing information for client meetings
- Dealing with international tax
- Corporate restructuring work
- Due diligence
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries
- Annual investment and capital allowances
- Business asset disposals
- Patent box claims
The right person will have:
- Achieved or predicted a 2:1 degree in any subject
- Achieved a Grade 6 (or above) in GCSE Maths and English Language and the equivalent of 112 UCAS points
- A strong work ethic with the drive to succeed
- The ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility
- Analytical skills: the ability to accurately and diligently assimilate information, grasp concepts quickly, research and solve problems
- The ability to think critically, challenge when appropriate, and to apply professional scepticism
- Attention to detail and strong time‐management skills
- Credible and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
Training & Personal Development:
- We will fund your study towards the ACA/CTA qualification
- You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses
- You will receive ongoing training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training
- You will be supported by a manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. You will also be allocated a buddy, who will support you throughout your career journey
- Beyond your professional qualification, we offer first-class personal skills development programmes: DRIVE (Business Development) INSPIRE (Leadership) and Talent Development Programme which includes a range of personal and professional courses
Social and Benefits
At Hazlewoods, we understand the importance of work/life balance which is why we offer 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays), paid time off for study, flexible working (after a qualifying period), employee referral bonus, numerous social and charity events, discounted gym membership as well as a Health and Wellbeing programme.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply