Purpose of the role:
Operating as our clients’ outsourced finance teams, we deliver their accounting requirements, ensure they are compliant and enable them to look ahead, pivot and seize opportunities by providing compliance and advisory services. You will need to possess excellent communication and teamworking skills as responsibility is given early on in this role. Part of your time will also be dedicated to studying two renowned industry qualifications, the ACA-CTA dual qualifications. We are looking for hard-working self-motivated graduates who enjoy problem solving and having a keen eye for detail; who are interested in beginning their career in the changing world of corporate tax.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
- Develop relationships with our clients on client site
- Learning bookkeeping skills
- Preparing monthly and quarterly management accounts and VAT returns
- Preparing annual financial statements for a variety of clients across different sectors
- Advanced reporting
- Interpreting business and sector developments to spot clients’ challenges to help them respond effectively
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach
- Team player
- Able to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask
- Good communication skills essential, being able to communicate with all levels externally and internally and respond to client needs
- Attention to detail and have good numerical and grammar skills
- Competent using word, excel and Microsoft outlook
Work based competencies
Highly motivated with a strong academic background including:
- 6 GCSE’s grade B and above (grade 6 or above in the new grades) including Maths and English
- Minimum of 300 UCAS tariff points from 3 A’ Levels
- Expecting or achieved a 2.1 degree in any discipline
- Holiday – 22 days plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
After 6 month probationary period:
- Entry into Group Income Protection Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Opportunity to trade holiday via salary sacrifice
We are a leading member of MSI Global Alliance with 35 partners, 300 plus employees and £35m turnover.
From our enthusiastic graduates to our influential home-grown partners, haysmacintyre is ambitious to its core. Our culture of support and progression means we can grow together as one firm to best help our clients.
It’s the people behind the awards, advice and ambitious moves we make that are our greatest strength. We’re one of the top 25 accountancy and tax advisory firms in the UK, so our clients trust our knowledge and expertise. Our friendly, flat structure means that every individual has the opportunity to develop and make a real difference to our expansion as a business.
From our formal Christmas socials to the London-to-Brighton cycles for our chosen charity of the year, our culture is filled with opportunities to help our people form business-wide relationships.