We are looking for a talented individual to be our new Graduate ATT Apprentice for our Tax team based in our Leatherhead/London office. This role is for our January 2023 intake.
The ATT-CTA Programme:
Our R&D Tax Trainees work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners & directors. You will be given the opportunity to gain a strong advisory insight into how organisations work and the challenges they face, developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the 3-year ATT-CTA Trainee Programme you’ll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Once you complete your ATT qualification, you will go on and study the prestigious CTA qualification. However, your career with Menzies doesn’t just stop once you complete your professional qualification, we encourage all of our trainees to be our next generation of senior leaders!
Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career in the MENZIES ACADEMY as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
- Preparation of R&D Reports and tax relief claims for submission to HMRC including the following:
- Report writing
- Detailed industry and client research and due diligence
- Liaising with internal teams and clients to source relevant information
- Extensive analysis and calculations in relation to R&D costs
- Relevant corporation tax computation entries
- Online submission to HMRC and subsequent monitoring of claim progress
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as may be reasonably required
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases
- Minimum of a 2:2 undergraduate degree in either a Business, Finance, Scientific, Law, Engineering, Mathematics or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2 x A levels (A-C) and one other A level or equivalent
- 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English, or equivalent.
Require Skills & Knowledge
- Good numeracy and literary skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible
- Ability to maintain work-life-study balance to meet required deadlines
- Willingness to contribute as part of a team