Overview of Firm
PKF is the 11th largest accountancy brand and the 9th largest audit practice in the UK. We are also an active member of PKF International, a global network of legally independent accounting firms that gives us an on the ground presence in 150 countries around the world with access to more than 20,000 people across 440 offices globally.
We provide a full range of audit, accountancy, tax and advisory services, and are experts at simplifying complexity. We are particularly well-known for working with complex clients with challenging issues in fast-moving and highly technical areas, such as the insurance industry, the global capital markets and the not for profit sector. Our aim is to understand people, the organisations they run, and what matters to them, so we can simplify complexity and help them achieve their ambitions.
Our Not for Profit team understands that the core purpose of its clients is to address needs in society, not to reap the benefits of profit. As a team of people passionate about the sector, we value and respect this mission. Many of the team have worked in the not for profit sector before returning to practice, and everyone shares a passion for delivering strong social outcomes and also financial sustainability – we describe ourselves as sector people who happen to be in practice, rather than the other way round.
- Undertake audit work as allocated by the assignment leader
- Keep the assignment leader informed about progress at daily meetings
- Ensure attendance at briefing meetings and understand the audit plan
- Complete the work efficiently and to a high quality
- Adopt high professional standards with a business-like approach to work
- Develop an understanding and application of current accounting and auditing standards
- Be aware of Institute, Financial Reporting Council and internal ethical guidelines
- Advise clients on technical matters
- To accept responsibility for all work performed
- Engage with a wide range of NFP organisations
- Contribute to the growth and success of the division
- Minimum of a 2.2 degree, attained or expected. Please note if you have a Master’s in Accounting or Finance you will not be eligible for this position. You can apply to our Business Outsourcing or Tax role instead.
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (2017 tariff), from three A Levels (excluding general studies), or equivalent
- GCSEs Grade 5/B in Maths and English Language
- Be commercially aware;
- Team player;
- Good communication skills;
- Report writing skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Able to work on own initiative;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise workload;
- Work to deadlines;
- Ability to provide solutions;