We are currently recruiting motivated and confident graduates and school leavers to join our Tax Services Group (TSG).
The Tax Services Group (TSG) consists of over 60 employees spread over four UK offices (Bristol, Bournemouth, High Wycombe and Peterborough). The team delivers exceptional quality compliance and advisory services to a wide range of high net worth private clients, these include those with UK and offshore interests, property owners, business owners, partnerships and trusts.
We are offering successful candidates the opportunity to train to become a Chartered Tax Adviser, to study towards ATT and then the CTA qualification.
We offer exciting development opportunities, with the chance to build knowledge in many of the sectors in which we operate, combined with excellent training and support.
Candidates will work in a friendly, supportive and progressive environment. The role will involve preparing tax returns, preparing client communications and liaising with colleagues, clients and intermediaries.
The role provides an excellent range of work for someone wishing to commence their career in tax within a dedicated “private client” firm with a diverse client base.
The successful applicant will be outgoing and resilient, with excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills. Candidates should be self-motivated, display a positive approach to work and have the ability to work with stretching targets and deadlines.
In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and be able to develop a clear perception of business requirements, having an awareness of the wider economic context that our clients operate in.
Candidates must be educated to at least ‘A’ level standard for school leavers and graduate level for graduate recruitment.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Agile working policy which includes home working
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,200
- Salary review annually in October.
- Twenty days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining.
Saffery Champness is a firm of chartered accountants and business advisers. We have over 80 partners and over 700 staff that work from nine offices in the UK, plus offices in Ireland, Guernsey, Switzerland and the UAE.
We are bound by our shared values: ensuring excellence and integrity in the work we undertake, and being enthusiastic and collegiate in working together to achieve the very best outcomes for our clients. We value our strong client relationships and we place great importance on providing exemplary client service.
We are a member of Nexia International, a leading global network of independent accounting and consulting firms. This network connects us to over 250 other member firms in 120 countries across the globe, so we are able connect our clients to the very best advisers no matter what country their affairs take them to.
Our experts advise a broad range of individuals, their families, businesses and wider interests. The sectors in which we operate include: private wealth; owner-managed businesses; real estate; landed estates and rural businesses; sports and entertainment; not-for-profit organisations; and professional firms and consulting businesses.