Isosceles was founded in 2001 by our CEO, Mike O’Connell. Through his initial work with investors and emerging companies, Mike realised that entrepreneurs involved in new ventures and growing businesses need an effective finance, accounting and HR function just as much as well-established corporations. The challenge these organisations faced, however, was how to afford the calibre of expertise and systems needed to develop a thriving business model. Isosceles was formed to meet this challenge.
Isosceles is not a traditional accounting practice – we provide bespoke outsourced accounting, advisory, control and strategic financial support for a varied and expanding client base. While for some we are their full Finance team, we also work with clients on merger, acquisition and divestiture execution, on managing and expanding an international presence, on funding growth and achieving a high value sale.
We work with clients in tech, life science, manufacturing, research and service industries. All ambitious. All growing. All expecting first class support from their professional partners – us.
Isosceles has worked with some of the most successful companies in the UK and helped hundreds of entrepreneurs to achieve business growth. We have evolved from a company that simply offers a range of outsourced accounting, HR and FD services into a value adding business partner that works with its clients to grow value and, for many, achieve a successful exit.
We have 3 offices in the UK, Egham, which is our head office, Sheffield and Cambridge.
About the graduate role
We run two graduate trainee accounting programmes:
- CIMA from our Sheffield office
- ICAEW from our Egham office – 3 year fast track
You will be working with a team of professionals at various levels in their accounting career, you’ll learn the full range of core accounting skills such as management of ledgers; fixed asset registers; expenses; bank reconciliations; VAT; financial reporting across P&L, variances, cash flow analysis and balance sheet, as well as getting involved in audit. You’ll have exposure to and be responsible for client work from the very beginning, so you’ll quickly build your own portfolio of clients and or/ areas of technical expertise.
What you need
- 2:1 degree or higher (actual or predicted). Any discipline will be considered, although ideally, you’ll have studied a numeracy-based subject.
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent), with at least two at Grades A*-B.
- Strong GCSE grades, including Maths and English.
- Strong IT skills and a confident user of Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel.
- The right to work in the UK without restrictions for the duration of the graduate scheme (3 years). We are assuming this will apply to EU nationals.
- Fully funded professional training.
- Amazing and varied client base.
- Competitive salary.
- Enhanced holiday.
- Life assurance.
- Direct access to thousands of discounts and other money saving opportunities.
- Fruit, great coffee, cakes.